Friday 31 January 2014

My Experience


As a group we were given an assortment of wooden blocks, marbles, construction paper and tape. From this we were told to create a ramp that will allow a marble to move down a hill, up a hill and around a corner. We all looked at each other wondering how this would be possible, but with some brainstorming we were able to start our creation. With some trial and error our ramp was coming together!


One thing that caught my attention was how we were the only group who used tape on our wooden blocks. At that moment it struck me how interested I was in the big idea of movement. I was so intrigued on how I could get the marble to move around the corner and how I would be able to control the speed of the marble. With a great discussion during the class, we all were able to share our creations, and I must say I felt great about mine!


Here is the video of my ramp and the movement of the marble! Throughout this blog I will be focusing on the big idea of movement and where it can be seen through domains of learning in the Kindergarten field. With ideas from Kindergarten teacher's social media, I will provide a constructionist approach to the activities. I will be referring to a document called Full-Day Early Learning Kindergarten Program curriculum that can be accessed at http://www.edu.gov.on.ca/eng/curriculum/elementary/kindergarten.html

Please Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment